Sunday, June 27, 2010

What to do....

I don't know what to do.  Cheesemeister (CM) got a job offer, I should be happy, right?  Well, he accepted without discussing it with me (or Kelley).  He has already enrolled in school full time to start tomorrow, and the job is working from 3pm - 11 pm and about an hour away from our house.  So, he will never see me during the week, and I will have to get up, take BB to daycare, go to work, leave work before we close every day to pick BB up, take her home, feed her dinner, give her her bath, and put her to bed every night by myself.  In addition, CM will be leaving the house at 7 am and not getting home until almost Midnight on the days he has classes.  He's making a lot less money than his last job, gets no benefits, and will be spending 2 hrs a day in the car.  And those are just the things that won't directly benefit our relationship with Kelley & J.  Because since we won't see each other during the week, we're going to want to spend our weekends together and right now the weekends are basically our only time with them.  So he's asking me to give up: him, my freedom, my parenting help, my GF and my BF.  I am absolutely miserable just THINKING about this, so I know once it comes to reality, I'm going to be so unbelievably frustrated and resentful that I don't even know what to do.  Kelley and J have reacted how I thought they would.  "We are scared we'll never see you and things will dissolve, but we want you happy and we will support you in whatever you do and do whatever we can to be there for you."  I feel so unbelievably lucky to have them... but this could be the path to losing them and I can't bear it.  I know CM thinks he's doing what is best because he will be bringing in income and right now he isn't...but isn't a happy family more important than money?  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I'm sorry to hear this. It will be rough trying to find time to spend with them. I know how that is. Hubby works shift work and only has one weekend a month off and our loves live 2 hours away.

    I wonder if what bothers you the most (since this would be the case for me) is that he didn't consult you before taking the job.

    ReplyDelete